Can you believe it’s already July? Insane, right? That means that unless you live in an awfully warm area, your days by the pool are numbered. Still, I thought I’d share a roundup of my favorite swimsuits for women with curves.
1. Nakimuli’s Peekaboo II (Curvy), $150: This swimsuit is not for the faint of heart. A one-piece with a daring mesh panel down the middle, it completely goes against everything we’re told about plus-sized swimwear. Rock this at the rooftop pool with a fringed kimono and a pair of simple sandals.
2. ASOS CURVE’s Swimsuit With Chain, $57.16: It’s simple, it’s classic, it’s sexy. It’s the old school hip-hop of swimwear. A muted v-neck one-piece with a clean gold chain across the waist, this suit would pair perfectly with a backwards cap and vintage-inspired shorts for a pool party.
3. Forever 21’s Bombshell Bikini Top & Bottom, $12.80 & $11.80: This understated two-piece gives off the pinup vibe, with ruched detaiing and a high waist. Slip this on for an afternoon of laying out under the sun, along with some sickening cat eye shades and a pretty headscarf. (Sadly, the white set is sold out. But try the Tomato set, or mix and match!)
4. Forever 21’s Midnight Mesh Swimsuit, $24.80: This black number is definitely the one I would most likely purchase this summer. The mesh panel up top gives it a bit of sexiness, without the boldness of a bikini or a bunch of cutouts. It also seems great for actually getting in the water, with a pair of comfy sandals and a cute cover up.
5. Nakimuli’s Limited Edition Bite Me Serengeti Top & Bottom, $70 & $60: This two-piece is the best of both worlds. It shows off some skin, without revealing too much. It’s sassy and printed, but also girly and draped. Add to it a loose-fitting kimono and some gladiators, and you’re dressed for a day at the beach.